What happened to me when I lost my job:
1. I lost my job due to my contract not being renewed.
2. Landlord kicks me out due to not paying rent.
3. Had a mental break down due to loss of job and nowhere to live.
4. Got put in to a mental health unit.
5. As soon as I was put in the mental health unit, they made me sign paperwork so they could receive housing benefit for me being there.
6. Was made to apply for universal credit, I applied for it in the January and didn’t receive my first full payment until late March.
As I didn’t receive my first full payment of universal credit until late March, it meant I couldn’t pay the top up fees to the support unit so I got into rent arrears.
Ended up being evicted from there due to fall out over rent arrears.
Then back to being homeless on the streets.
Literally the day after I was kicked out and made homeless is the day my UC went into my bank account.
Which was far too late because at that point they wouldn’t let me go in to another unit.
I had loans to pay off and debts to clear so was left with no money again.
Back in 2011, I was 19 and had been sleeping in a Tesco underground car park whilst waiting for a room in a youth hostel.
One night I was trying to get to sleep when a man forced himself on me, I said no, told him he was hurting me. He carried on. I was raped.
I was not supported due to lack of funding in local series because of cut backs.